I really wanted to make a hearty and warming stew with mushrooms as the star (because I love them). I also wanted something that could be made in the Instant Pot. So here it is: my Instant Pot Vegan Mushroom Stew!
It’s got lots of ‘shrooms, plus cannellini beans and white sweet potato. In a very short time, this stew comes out with a creamy base and melded flavors that would take much longer on the cooktop. It’s awesome!
This recipe starts with a simple saute of onions and garlic in the Instant Pot. Pile in the rest of the ingredients, pop the lid on, turn the pressure to high, sit back and relax. Or if you’re like me, do a million other things. And then voila, your soup is ready and delicious! It’s that easy.
As I was saying before, mushrooms are one of my absolute favorite foods. I think it’s so incredible that such odd looking things can taste so good and also be so extremely nutritious. Did you know that mushrooms are low in calories, but are a good source of protein and have a lot of antioxidants? They also contain proteins, called lectins, that help your body fight cancer! It has been shown that eating fresh mushrooms regularly can decrease chances of breast cancer as well as other cancers. I don’t need any other excuses to eat more ‘shrooms, but if they aren’t something that you don’t eat that often, maybe now you will now! Don’t miss out on all of their super powers for your health!
If you love this post, please share or comment below! Tag me on IG @drleahromay with a picture of your vegan mushroom stew!
Share on facebook
Share on google
Share on twitter
Share on pinterest
INSTANT POT VEGAN MUSHROOM STEW
A hearty and comforting vegan stew featuring mushrooms, cannellini beans, and white sweet potato, made quick and easy in the Instant Pot.
Author: Leah Romay
- 1 T olive oil
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 1 t sea salt
- 4 cloves garlic, mined
- 11 oz mushrooms (baby Bella or Shiitakes would be best)
- 1 white sweet potato, diced
- 2 T parsley, chopped
- 2 cups cannellini beans, cooked
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 cups vegetable broth (plus or minus)
- Turn the Instant Pot on to the sauté mode and add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add the onions and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the salt and garlic and cook for another 1 minute, then turn the Instant Pot off.
- Add all of the other ingredients except for the broth. Add some freshly ground black pepper. Stir all to combine
- Pour in the broth until everything is just covered, but do not go over the max line. You may need a little more or less than 3 cups of broth. Add the bay leaf.
- Cover and set pressure to high for 20 minutes.
- When the pressure cycle is complete, manually vent the pot (carefully!).
- Serve with additional fresh parsley on top.